Just for kicks I put together a quick mock draft top-10 plus what I think my Packers will do with two picks in the first round and where I expect the remaining 1st round QBs to be selected. I wouldn’t be shocked if I got less than 3 of these picks correct…but I also couldn’t resist another chance at trying to predict what these NFL teams do. Enjoy and critique away!
1. ARIZONA: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
2. SAN FRANCISCO: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
3. OAKLAND RAIDERS (projected trade with New York Jets): Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
4. NEW YORK JETS (projected trade with Oakland): Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky
5. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Devin White, ILB, LSU
6. NEW YORK GIANTS: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
7. JACKSONVILLE: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
8. DETROIT: Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College
9. BUFFALO: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
10. DENVER: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
Notable other draft projections:
12. GREEN BAY: Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma
15. WASHINGTON: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
22. NEW ENGLAND (projected trade with Baltimore): Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
30. GREEN BAY: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
A few quick thoughts:
-I’ve said Murray to AZ for three months now…and while I’m less certain about it now than I was a few weeks ago, I can’t go against it. If not Murray, I expect the Cardinals to take a long look at Quinnen Williams.
-The Raiders give up their second round pick (#35) to ensure they’re able to select the consensus best player in the draft in Williams.
-Why aren’t the Giants selecting a QB at 6 or 17? Because they will be acquiring Josh Rosen and pick 139 (5th rounder) from the Cardinals for pick 37 (2nd rounder).
-Ed Oliver is one of the most dominant college defensive linemen I’ve ever seen in person (and I’ve been to 158 games in person).
-To be honest, I’ve never seen Chris Lindstrom play so I’m basing that pick on the analysis of others and a need of interior lineman in Detroit.
-Haskins’ ideal situation would be in a draft and develop situation behind a veteran such as Denver. If the Broncos pass on him, the Bengals at 11 should take a long look.
-I have a sneaky suspicion that Bill Belichick finds a way to get his QB of the future by trading up in the first round.
To read previous entries of my blog, click here. Also make sure to follow me on my new Twitter handle, @cohencurse1580.