Week 14 NFL Picks
Last Week: 9-6 Straight Up (SU), 8-7 Against the Spread (ATS)
Overall: 119-72-1 SU, 85-107 ATS
(Picks against the spread in parentheses; HOME TEAMS IN CAPS)
LOS ANGELES RAMS 23, New England Patriots 16 (ATS: Rams -5.5)
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 28, Minnesota Vikings 20 (ATS: Bucs -6.5)
Arizona Cardinals 26, NEW YORK GIANTS 21 (ATS: Cardinals -2.5)
Kansas City Chiefs 27, MIAMI DOLPHINS 20 (ATS: Dolphins +7.5)
Dallas Cowboys 30, CINCINNATI BENGALS 24 (ATS: Cowboys -3.5)
Houston Texans 26, CHICAGO BEARS 23 (ATS: Texans -1.5)
CAROLINA PANTHERS 23, DENVER BRONCOS 17 (ATS: Panthers -3.5)
Tennessee Titans 34, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 19 (ATS: Titans -7.5)
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 38, New York Jets 17 (ATS: Seahawks -13.5)
Indianapolis Colts 24, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS 20 (ATS: Colts -2.5)
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 24, Washington Football Team 19 (in Glendale, AZ)
(ATS: 49ers -3.5)
New Orleans Saints 27, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 17 (ATS: Saints -7.5)
Green Bay Packers 31, DETROIT LIONS 27 (ATS: Lions +7.5)
Atlanta Falcons 31, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS 27 (ATS: Falcons -2.5)
Pittsburgh Steelers 28, BUFFALO BILLS 24 (ATS: Steelers +2.5)
Baltimore Ravens 26, CLEVELAND BROWNS 23 (ATS: Ravens -1.5)
5 Quick Thoughts on Week 14
1. I’m probably foolish for picking the slumping Cardinals over the streaking Giants at the Meadowlands…but for some reason I just can’t get last October’s game out of my head where AZ ran all over NY’s defense. The Cardinals have little room for error at this point so I’ll take a blind leap of faith in picking them as road favorites. I’ll be honest though, I won’t be betting this game as there’s just too much unpredictability on both sides.
2. In this week’s version of the Suck Bowl, I’m taking the Cowboys, on a short week, over the Bengals due to the Andy Dalton revenge factor. Literally no other reason…and therefore, if you’re going to bet the game, the over should be the play as compared to one side or the other.
3. If the Seahawks don’t demolish the Jets and ‘let Russ cook’, I’ll be VERY worried about their playoff chances. As of now, it’s hard to see the NFC going through anyone else besides New Orleans or Green Bay.
4. ‘Don’t overreact to one week’s worth of games’…it’s a motto of mine during each season. The Steelers are better than the Bills and I don’t think it’s all that close honestly. Give me the 2.5 points for an angry team on the road.
5. The Cleveland Browns have back-to-back primetime games (including next Sunday night vs. the Giants). Who would’ve ever said those words two years ago? But I haven’t given up hope on the Ravens yet…and considering the Browns I think are a bit overrated, Baltimore -1 looks like a gift.
Week 14 Betting Locks
(Last Week’s Result, Season Record in Parentheses)
Favorite (LOSS, 6-7): Ravens -1.5 at Browns
Underdog (LOSS, 7-6): Dolphins +7.5 vs. Chiefs
Bet the Over (WIN 6-7): Cowboys / Bengals Over 43.5
Bet the Under (LOSS, 8-5): Rams / Patriots Under 45.5
EC’s Week 14 Pick 5 Selections:
Last Week: 2-3
Arizona +11.5 vs. Arizona State
Army -7 vs. Navy
USC -2.5 at UCLA
Titans -7.5 at Jaguars
Ravens -1 at Browns